Every super hero has a bag of tricks they use when fighting evil. Spider-Man has his web shooters. Captain America has his shield. Superman has… well, forget Superman. Point is, Moon Knight is no different. Over the years, as the character has evolved, so has his equipment. As his alter-ego, Marc Spector, Moon Knight is incredibly wealthy, and therefore has incredible resources at his disposal to use when developing new gear. Currently, the Dark Knight of the Marvel Universe uses the following items:
- Glider Cloak: Although Spector cannot fly, he can spread his cloak and slow his descent from great heights. To a slight extent he can steer his fall. Because it must be flexible, the cloak is not armored. du Champ created the cloak.
- Carbonadium Armored Vestment Before he moved to the West Coast to operate there, he was wearing a costume that was made of Carbonadium which he claimed was almost as tough as adamantium but more flexible. The suit had several features identified: Crescent Dart Launchers in his wrist, Crescent Cable line used for swinging or for grappling, jump jets, Laser cutting torch, a few other features.
Previously, he’s employed the following items:
- Crescent Darts: These symmetrical throwing blades function as “calling cards” as well as weapons. Spector keeps a dozen of them in protective holsters spaced around his belt.
- Truncheon: This ingenious device functions as a simple club, nunchaku, and a grappling hook. By itself, it can be wielded as a blunt instrument or thrown. It separates into two shorter clubs (linked by a chain) to entangle a weapon or limb, or to lengthen the club’s arc of travel and thus its force. The hook springs forth from one end and, with a cable attached, allows Moon Knight to climb to, descend from, or swing around a fixed point. It weighs 12 pounds (5.5 kg) and is 12 inches (30 cm) long. When not in use, it fits into a holster on his left calf. Later improvements include upgrading the stainless steel to adamantium, incorporating the cable with the hook, and adding the option to extend to 8 feet (242 cm) long.
- Crescent Launcher Pistols He was using 2 pistols which fired crescent darts with cables that allowed him to grapple, trip or pin his enemies to surfaces. These had enough force to push a man back into a wall and pin him there
Energy shield: Buck Lime built him an energy shield similar of Captain Amercia’s.
- Web-Shooters/Wolverine’s Claws: Buck Lime created a pair of bracers which can be used as a Web-Shooters (like Spider-Man’s) or Metal claws (like Wolverine’s).
- Silver Cestus: On his first mission as Moon Knight (bringing in the werewolf for the Committee), Spector wore two silver cesti on his arms.
During his time as the Fist of Khonshu, Spector used another set of weapons, keeping them in a leather pouch or on his person.
- Ankh: This Egyptian symbol made of gold lit up in the face of imminent danger. Like the truncheon above, it could serve as a thrown or hand-held club. It weighed 12 pounds (5.5 kg) and was 12 inches (30 cm) long.
- Other Weapons: Moon Knight also used other weapons such as scarab darts, a ivory boomerang, grappling hook / lariat, bola, san-setsu-kon (three-piece staff), and a truncheon with built-in taser.
Information originally posted on marvel.wikia.com.